OctaForge 0.1.5 Alpha 6 is now out.
See Download page to get it.
TODO for next alpha available here.
This release was done with gameplay features in mind, so it includes a lot of highlights from that area.
It also fixes some of regressions previously appeared.
This is also the first release to include Windows installer thanks to NSIS project.
- Working area triggers and two entities using them - jumppads and teleporters.
- New improved class system with basic mixin support in Lua.
- Firing / gun handling (without projectiles nor examples for now).
- Global per-map rain support (configurable, does not fall through ceilings).
- Action key bindings for specific maps.
- Event library with more actions.
- Easier function exposing from C/C++ side.
- Configurable marker-based cutscene handling using the builtin editor, with support for subtitles, custom actions etc.
- More caching - better performance (i.e. array surrogates).
- Lots of bug fixes (server crashing bug is resolved at least on POSIX OSes - needs Windows testing, loading entities from file now works properly, no weird characters in some strings, fix SIGABRTing server, fix writecfg segfault and others).
Note that this is developer release and is NOT meant for normal usage, unless you're adventurous.
Windows support is still HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and might not work for everyone! Proper Windows support planned for next releases.
Contributors are welcome. We'd use a hand at basically everything - scripting, artwork, code, ideas, web development...
Feel free to join us at forums or our IRC channel: #octaforge on FreeNode.
In README you can find what to do in case you find a bug.